1. What is Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) and how does it work to lengthen eyelashes?
Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) is the first FDA-approved treatment to lengthen eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough eyelashes. It is used on the upper eyelashes to increase their growth.
V.ARIA provides a prescription for generic Latisse (called bimatoprost) to give you the most cost-effective option, however if you are okay with the price for brand Latisse on the market and you prefer a branded Latisse over the generic option, then we can provide a prescription for brand Latisse upon the request.
2. What is the dosage option for Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution)?
For lengthening eyelashes treatment, there is only 1 dosage option with 0.03%.
3. I see there are two different sized bottles of Latisse. What size should I choose?
There are two sizes of bottle available - 3 mL and 5 mL.
3 mL is the regular sized bottle and it is used for a monthly supply for daily use. Generally, 5 mL sized Latisse is used for maintenance treatment since you do not require to use it daily after the first 16 weeks treatment and once you start the maintenance phase.
4. What are the known side effects from Latisse?
Some of the known side effects from Latisse are irritations of eyes or eyelids including redness, itching, swelling, tearing, or dryness. Dark skin discoloration on skin around eyes or iris can be seen in some cases as well.
5. How much am I expected to pay for the generic Latisse (Bimatoprost) at a local pharmacy?
The lowest price with a coupon for the most common version of generic Latisse (3 mL bottle) is around $31.60, about 77% off the average retail price of $139.26.
The lowest price with a coupon for the most common version of generic Latisse (5 mL bottle) is around $50.00, about 72% off the average retail price of $180.90.